Have you had cancer? Do you have a story to tell about the way you were treated, how you healed, how your outlook changed by your experience? Perhaps you don't have time to write a book yourself? I would love to publish your story in my book.
I had breast cancer in 2007, and have written a book about my patient experience. I started out knowing nothing about cancer - I had never thought about illnesses but had taken it for granted that I would always stay well. Cancer changed everything for me. I started questioning about the hospital systems and other forms of care. I found resources in myself I had never thought possible. It may seem like a cliche for those who haven't experienced it but cancer really was a positive experience for me - not to start with, but eventually.
I am mostly interested in stories from those who healed their illness and were left with a view that cancer gave them something precious. I also welcome anecdotes of treatments that weren't as good as they could have been. By speaking about these things we may be able to improve the way others will be cared for in the future.
Please write your story here. If your story touches my heart I will include it in my book. My own manuscript is with an editor at the moment, and I hope to approach publishers later this year (2008) here in Brisbane, Australia.
Huom. voit kirjoittaa myös suomeksi! Kirjani on kirjoitettu englanniksi, mutta voin kääntää tekstisi.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Moi.
Aiemmasta harrastuksestani tulikin työ. Ja kuinka ollakaan keksin limakalvojen kolmen tärkeimmän mh-bakteerin kuvion. Sovelsin ensin keksintöä itseeni ja paransin itseltäni laktoosi'intoleranssin, migreenin ja verenpainetaudin. Lue lisää-"Bakteerikato itselläni"
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/haistahome/Aktinobakteerit&Diabetes.html
Ystävällisin terveisin:
Oiva Rutanen
Pihtipudas
Suomi
Post a Comment